Rules & Guidelines for Entry
In order for your submission to be considered, please adhere to the following rules and general guidelines for entry:
- Adviser Categories
- The Money Marketing Awards adviser categories seek to recognise advice firms for both the quality of their advice and the strength of their business, covering independent, restricted and specialist advisers. Firms can operate any type of business model (small, large, network, national, IFA, vertically integrated etc) – our judges are simply looking for the best, most professional financial planners and planning firms.
- Provider Categories
- The Money Marketing Awards provider categories seek to recognise providers that went above in beyond in helping advisers deliver a first-class financial planning service. They acknowledge excellence from across the market, from platforms and protection to discretionary management, with the aim of rewarding outstanding innovation, service levels and commitment to advisers.
- Some categories may require submission from an individual in place of a firm; please check the individual category criteria.
- Unless stated otherwise in the category criteria, entries should focus on work carried out in the UK.
- Companies may enter more than one category as appropriate.
- Unless stated otherwise in category criteria, the awards are judging performance from 2020; this means that the bulk of work contained within the entry must have been carried out within this time period (please note it is NOT essential that a project or initiative has both launched and closed within this time period). Any material that arises to support your entry after the deadline should be brought to the judges’ attention during the shortlist interview (if applicable).
- The judging panel reserves the right to move entries from one category to another if they feel it is more appropriate. However, they cannot be expected to routinely re-categorise incorrectly entered projects. The judges' decision is final.
- Sponsors are not permitted to enter any category that they are sponsoring.
- All entries must be submitted by the entry deadline of Friday 25 June 2021. Entries will not be considered fully submitted until the entrant proceeds to the final stage and submits their entry. A confirmation email will be received once complete.
- Entries may be edited up until the point of 'submission'.
Format of Entry
- All submissions must be made online through the online entry portal and the requested information must be supplied within the entry form. Any information not provided via the online form will not be passed to the judges.
- In all cases, the judges are looking for concise written submissions and your entry should cover as many of the listed criteria as possible.
- Please keep the word count within the stipulations per category. Please note that the judging panel reserves the right to penalise entries exceeding the word limit.
- Please read the relevant category criteria to establish what type of supporting material should be included, if any.
- Digital uploads may take a variety of formats e.g. PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or jpeg file. Please ensure that uploaded logos, video and any supporting files follow the supporting material guidelines and together do not exceed the maximum upload limit of 5MB per entry. Please note when uploading supporting material file names must not include any 'special' characters e.g. _ / ( ) & * ".
- Where websites/links form part of an entry, please ensure any URLs, access details, usernames and passwords needed for judging are supplied, that they work, and that they will continue to work until August 2021. Sites that cannot be viewed will be eliminated from the judging.
- Information supplied within the entry form will remain confidential and for the judges’ eyes only, with the following exceptions:
- Money Marketing reserve the right to refer to information supplied during the shortlist interview process (adviser categories only).
- Money Marketing may refer to information supplied within the entry form in the published book of the night and/or winner comments included in the script on the night; should you wish to identify any elements of your entry as not to be shared in this way, please mark these clearly as ‘Confidential’ or ‘For Judges’ eyes only’ and contact email@example.com to flag these sections.
Information submitted by you
- All entrants must supply all contact details as requested in the online form for a main point of contact we can approach should the entry require any further clarification.
- In the event that your entry is shortlisted, all entry form details e.g. Individual / Company Name as completed in the online entry process will be used on Awards collateral (e.g. Website, Awards graphics, Awards Supplement, and in the event that your entry wins, on the trophy). Copy will adhere to the brand’s house style.
- Please ensure that the information submitted is accurate and the correct companies are credited as appropriate. We accept no responsibility for any incorrectly submitted information.
- When entries are submitted on behalf of clients or another third party, approval is assumed. Money Marketing accepts no responsibility for any issues that arise concerning approval once the entry has been submitted.
- If nominating a third party, please provide as much information as possible. Contact details for the nominee are mandatory.